Thursday, July 7, 2011

First Week of Summer School for Lauren!

Day 1: Took her into the room...she did great! She was exhausted when I picked her up and refused to potty for teachers but it should all come together when she gets into a routine. I had a harder time with it than she did...I think I cried 4 times, nothing major but it is so hard to let go of everything when I have had total control for so long. I was better around 10 and after talking with a few friends and family.

Day 2: Took her to her room...not so good this time, she cried when she didn't get what she wanted and I heard her all the way down the hall...I felt so bad but I know I had to go and that she would adjust and be fine...and she was! One of her teachers said other than her objecting to what she could play with and what she couldn't play with, she was fine. Thank God!

Day 3: Took her to the outside doors where the teachers were waiting...she did great going in with the group! The head teacher pulled me aside and said she did great yesterday...the know I was worried obviously, thank you Mrs. Gorenson! The day has just begun but I feel ok about it and that she'll be fine. Once she gets into a routine she does great...which only takes a couple days :) I just hope next week holds the same.

I didn't have this hard of a time with Marek going to school, I was really excited for him because I know he wanted and was excited to be there. I hope Lauren feels the same way which in turn makes it better for me. I know she will have great teachers because I know most of the already. The next thought will be what to do with all my time in the fall...the gym, shopping and girl time?

No comments:

Post a Comment